Save Westridge Farm
– Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice sets out the way Save Westridge Farm (“SWF”) collects, uses and stores your information in accordance with UK data protection legislation (Data Protection Act 2018 [DPA 2018] and General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR]).
Maintaining the security of your data is important to SWF, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. SWF endeavours to be transparent about what data we collect and how we use it. SWF may collect, use and store your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to update or change this Privacy Notice at any time, so please ensure that you are viewing the latest version.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION WE HAVE
We collect and process the following information:
Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics
(personal information is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you)
- Includes but is not limited to your name, title, postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Information relating to processes including communications, payment information such as banking or payment card details if making payment or donation, website or digital media use.
- Potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for site users and for users posting or leaving comments on our website.
- Activities or actions that you are or have been associated with.
- If you access our website via your mobile device we may collect your unique phone identifier.
Non-personally identifying information.
- Collection of Information from use of our website, digital media or other services:
The purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website and digital media. This data may include but is not limited to information such as your browser type and version, language preference, referring site, the pages of our site you visit, and other usage statistics. We may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse data, or use a spam screening service to help identify spam.
HOW WE GET THE INFORMATION AND WHY WE HAVE IT
A lot of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one or more of the following reasons:
- Communicating with SWF.
- Subscribing to communications from SWF.
- Posting or commenting on posts on SWF’s website.
- Provision of a service to SWF.
- Donation or payment to SWF.
- Administration and management of SWF.
- Filling in forms provided by SWF.
It is important that you notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- We collate publicly available contact and other relevant information.
- We collate information from and or about organisations or individuals with whom the SWF engages or may wish to contact or engage with as part of its activities.
- Research and activities in furtherance of the aims and objectives of SWF.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
- We have a legitimate interest.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE HAVE
- Maintain a list of subscribers to communications from SWF.
- Personally identifiable subscribing information will not be made public or shared with third parties other than as specified in this privacy notice.
- Action the aims and objectives of SWF.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to meet legal and regulatory obligations or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, avoid litigation, protect your safety or the safety of others or investigate fraud. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of public importance.
- To maintain financial records.
- To facilitate the administration and management of SWF.
- We may share your information when necessary with third party services or contractors we ask to carry out a service or action on our behalf, e.g. MailChimp. We try to ensure your information will not be used by the third party for any other purposes.
- We do not sell or otherwise provide personal information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
SWF takes the security of information it stores very seriously and endeavours to take appropriate reasonable steps to ensure data is securely stored.
SWF will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will take reasonable precautions to store, process and transport personal information in a secure manner.
We will keep personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, and we will keep data in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements. Normally, our retention period for personal data collected is a minimum of six years after the end of the year in which any service, need or relevance has ceased. Where your personal data is no longer required we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Minutes of SWF meetings containing details of attendance and matters discussed may be retained longer than six years until it is considered by SWF they are no longer required for record purposes or on grounds of historical value.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- THE RIGHT TO BE INFORMED – Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection of their personal data, except when an individual already has the information, or if it would involve a disproportionate effort to provide it to them, or it would render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of the processing.
- THE RIGHT OF ACCESS – You have the right to access your personal information, this is commonly referred to as subject access.
- THE RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION – You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- THE RIGHT TO ERASURE – You have the right for personal data to be erased, this right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING – You have the right to request the restriction of personal data, this right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- THE RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY – This right is only applicable should SWF rely on the lawful basis of consent or performance of contract for processing the information, and processing is carried out by automated means.
- THE RIGHT TO OBJECT – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data. This right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- RIGHTS IN RELATION TO AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING INCLUDING PROFILING – SWF does not undertake automated individual decision-making and profiling.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. However in certain circumstances, for example additional requests for the same data, you may be subject to an administrative fee.
If you make a request, we normally have one month to respond to you.
Please note that proof of identity may be required should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data.
Further information about your data protection rights appears on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
If you have a complaint about our use of your personal data, or anything in this notice, please talk to us first so we can help to resolve any problem or query.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Save Westridge Farm